Would you believe that we’re doing ourselves good healthwise when we sing? That’s what research published by the University of Frankfurt (and others) suggests…..
As if the sheer joy of singing were not enough, they found that there are physical, psyhcological, emotional and social benefits too, listing no fewer than 11 of them, saying that singing:
- strengthens the immune system
- is a workout
- improves your posture
- helps with sleep
- is a natural anti-depressant
- lowers stress levels
- improves mental alertness
- can widen your circle of friends
- boosts your confidence
- broadens communication skills
- increases your ability to appreciate other singers
You can find out more by visiting the takelessons.com website among others.
It certainly gives me an incentive to work a little bit harder at getting my tongue round the warm up tongue twisters and getting my breathing right!